Saturday, June 23, 2007

Genesis.

Hmmm…here goes. I’ve wanted to start a blog for some time now, more than 2 years in fact. Here I am, penning my first few words. It feels a bit exciting, doing this. Can already dream of a few months down the line when I’ll have a few posts under my belt.

I must tell you how this blog came to be named such. If I had had my way it would’ve been called Justaboutanything.blogspot.com. That was unavailable so had to settle for Sunmoonandpotatoes, which is actually the name of a restaurant in Malad in Bombay I used to frequent. Quaint little place just like the name. Decent food too.

A short introduction is in order. Rather I’ll just speak about my hobbies and interests. I am an avid reader. I read magazines- current affairs, sports, music. Also read a lot of books of all kinds- non-fiction, science fiction, Indian fiction as well. Also love music a lot. Like rock, Indian classical, Old Hindi songs, a bit of trance. Forgot to mention I read some Marathi books as well, mostly short stories. Though I don’t read poetry, want to start that too. I love traveling. Would want to travel to as many destinations as possible. Also love Eating out and trying new cuisines. I also love maps and can spend hours poring over them.

A lot of things interest me ranging from politics to sports to investing (more of a necessity really!). I also like gadgets and technology. Have recently started translations, from Hindi to English right now. Ideally would want to translate from Marathi and the long term goal is to translate a book. Also like trekking though haven’t done it for a few years now. Would want to correct it soon. Also looking at paragliding once the monsoons are over.

Expect posts on anything under the sun really. Also a disclaimer that I don’t intend on offending anyone intentionally through the posts in any way. I will write on controversial topics which are close to my heart once in a while.

That’s all for now. Will get back to posting in a few days. Till then cheers!!

2 comments:

Rupin said...

I like the name of your blog :) I also like your style of writing...very from the heart, addressing in first person types..feels like you are actually having a conversation with someone. Neat..

Mihir said...

Thanks Rupin.